Yogic Management of Some Common Diseases – Yoga Therapy
Complete Description with cause, Symptoms , types of disease and its Yogic Practices (Shatkarma, Asana, Pranayama, Mudra-Bandha, Relaxation , Meditation etc.)
You Can Search Anything From Search Box. Also can free download PDF and print .
there are foods which are allergic to asthma patient and such foods should be avoided .these foods include cold foods, ice cream, chocolate, milk and milk products , other stimulants, fruits like banana etc. Avoid ghee, batter, oily, spicy, and other kapha aggravating diet . foods which add to the mucus production should be specifically avoided. try to take warm/ water drinks . when you have asthma attack avoid taking food after sunset.
Yogic management of Some Common diseases
Yogic management of diabetes
The yogic practices are found to be useful in the management of diabetes mellitus through various research studies the aim of the UV treatment in the management of diabetes is of two fold
- To stimulate the pancreatic cells to produce adequate amount of insulin
- To reduce the insulin resistance
The practices prescribed for the diabetes patient or as under:
- shatkarmas: Kunjal, vastra dhauti kapalbhati ,agnisar and nouli.
- Asanas: tadasana, kati chakrasana, pawanmuktasana ,sarvangasana, matsyasana, HALAsan, gomukhasana, ardha matsyendrasana, mandukasan ,paschimottanasana, bhujangasan ,salabhasana ,dhanurasan, savasan.
- Pranayama: nadishodhan ,suryavardhan, bhastrika and brahmari
- Bandhas: uddiyana Bandha
- meditation: breath awareness, Om chanting and Om meditation
Yogic management of cervical Spondylitis
Yoga asanas Prove both palliative and curative in Spondylitis., especially in early and newly diagnosed cases, where minimal changes are detected in X rays. Asanas act by reducing muscular tension and spasm and also by correcting posture. In addition they restore pranic balance in the neck, leading to regeneration of damaged tissues and reversal of abnormal bone growth.
The following practice program is prescribed for suffers of cervical Spondylitis.
it should be adopted slowly and carefully under skilled guidance, and then practised each morning.
- Asanas: pawanmuktasana part 1, especially Poorna Titli Aasana(full butterfly) Skandha Chakra ( shoulder socket rotation) and greeva sanchalana (neck movement )the neck rotation exercise should be performed carefully, vajrasana, shashankasana ,Shashank bhujangasana ,bhadrasana, dhanurasana, marjariasana , makarasana and sarpasana can be performed. Later on as the range of pain free movement increases, the
- following Asana can be gradually adopted :padmasana ,matsyasana, yoga Mudra ,supta vajrasana ,Saral dhanurasana and ardha matsyendrasana . Avoid all the forward bending Asan.
sitting still in padmasana or other meditative postures,with the spinal cord straight and the head slightly back, for increasing lengths of time is very helpful .avoid all other aasana, especially inverted Asana, until marked improvement in the condition occurs.
- Pranayama: Nadi shodhana stage 1 and 2 ,suryavardhan and bhramri.
- shatkarma: Neti Kriya daily
- Meditation: breath awareness, Om chanting, Om meditation.
- Relaxation: yoga nidra in savasana. a neck support in the form of a soft pillow may be necessary.
- Diet: maintain proper nutrition and diet to reduce and prevent excessive weight. diet with sufficient daily intake of calcium ,Phosphorus and Vitamin D helps to promote proper bone growth.
Yogic management of bronchial asthma
The role of Yoga in the management of bronchial asthma is well documented now .aim of the treatment in asthma should be to prevent the broncho- construction and to tackle the triggering factors. This is achieved gradually by the combined influence of yoga asanas Pranayama and shatkarma.
The following practices relief bronchial asthma ,lungs and mind.
Surya Namaskar: performed it slowly and with breath awareness. practice up to 7 rounds each morning at sunrise.
Asna: those whose bodies are stiff should first practice the pawanmuktasana series for a few weeks .then commence some of the following :hasta uttanasana ,Dwi konasana ,marjariasana ,Shashank bhujangasana ,dhanurasana, pranamasana ,kandharasana, makarasana ,gomukhasana, simhasana, sarvangasana, Tolangulasana, parivrtta Janu sirsasana, baddha padmasana. these asanas helps to reshape the chest ,improve posture, strengthen the spinal column ,promote the flow of inhibited and blocked nervous energy and Rebalance and restore the whole body. practice all the asana full Awareness of the breath as well as body.
- Pranayama: Full yogic breathing, Nadi shodhan Pranayama, Surya Bhedi Pranayama, brahmari ,bhastrika.
- Shatkarma :Jal Neti ,Sutra Neti, kapalbhati ,vastra dhauti ,Kunjal.
- Meditation :Om chanting ,Om meditation .
- Special practice: yoga nidra/ Antar Mouna.
- Diet :the diet play an important role in the management of asthma.